2020.01.03 update2020.01.03 update
Visitor Visa Application Form can be downloaded from Bureau of Consular Affairs website and the completed form with supporting documents should be submitted to Bureau of Consular Affairs for visa issuance.
♦ Visa-Exempt Entry
The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program:
1. Philippines: effective from November 1, 2017, to July 31, 2020
2. Brunei, Thailand: effective from August 1, 2016, to July 31, 2020
3. Russia: effective from August 1, 2019, to July 31, 2020
4. Australia: effective from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2020
5. North Macedonia: effective from May 21, 2018 to March 31, 2020
♦ Online Application for R.O.C Travel Authorization Certificate for nationals of Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam
The nationals of Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam, who possess a valid resident/visitor visa (including an electronic one) (**) or resident certificate (including a permanent one) issued by the U.S.A., Canada, Japan, the U.K., Schengen Agreement countries, Australia or New Zealand, are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 30 days. Those who meet the above qualification and have never been employed in Taiwan as blue-collar workers may access to the "Online Application for R.O.C. (Taiwan) Travel Authorization Certificate" of the R.O.C. National Immigration Agency (website: https://niaspeedy.immigration.gov.tw/nia_southeast/) for an "Authorization Certificate" before departure for Taiwan.
Upon approved, the printout Certificate can be used by the before said nationals for boarding the airplane and the immigration inspection. However, those who cannot show a valid visa or resident certificate issued by one of the aforementioned countries upon the immigration inspection will not be admitted into the R.O.C.
** A single-entry visa becomes invalid once it has already been used. However, a used single-entry visa might be acceptable for the purpose of immigration inspection to enter Taiwan, if it meets the following conditions:
1. On the same continuing journey, the visa holder uses it to enter the visa issuing country prior to his/her arrival in Taiwan; and
2. The visa holder will arrive in Taiwan before its expiration date.
♦ Procedures for Nationals of the Designated Countries Applying for Visitor Visas to the Republic of China (R.O.C.)
Nationals from the following countries applying for visitor visas to the R.O.C. must fulfill the required procedures. For more details, please visit the website: https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-159-249-4162c-2.html.
♦ Other Information
1. It is strongly suggested that participants, especially from the designated counties, should apply their VISA at least 3 months before the conference in order to prevent the failure of obtaining VISA.
2. Participants are responsible for their VISA obtaining and should follow the required procedures to complete VISA applications and its following process.
Please visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Website: https://www.boca.gov.tw/mp-2.html) for more information.